This guide describes the process used to register for access to the Elko Engineering Garage. Once registered, you will be able to access the Garage Training Tracking system to request training, and view your access history. There are broadly speaking two use case for the Elko Garage:
- You are a student (Grad or Undergrad), part of an Engineering club or staff member in the Faculty of Engineering using the garage for a personal project - free access
- You do not fit one of the categories above and some fees may apply.
In either case, the first step is to register using the process outlined below.
Registration is an automated process and includes three steps; Account Creation, Activation & Configuration.
1.0 Account Creation
- Point your web browser at admin.garage.ualberta.ca
- Click the "Register" button
- Fill in the required information. This will create your account and send a confirmation email to the address specified.
2.0 Account activation
The second step is used to verify your email. An activation link is sent to the email address entered above. Clicking the link will activate your account.
- Check your email and click the activation link generated in the first step. This will take you to a web page where you will continue the registration process.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions for User access.
- Click Activate Account
Your account will switch to “Active” in the Garage Training Tracking system. This will generate another email which will provide you with your username and temporary password.
3.0 Account Configuration
This section contains two possible paths - most Users will follow 2a. This means that you are joining an existing group / project.
You should only follow the oath outlined in 2b if you are creating a new group, for example a student club.
- Click the Login link in the email generated in the previous step, or point your browser to admin.garage.ualberta.ca.
- Login and change your password.
Standard Student Registration
- The standard student registration will take you down path 2a
- Select EngGar as the group name (This is the Engineering Garage)
- Select the correct default project
- EngGar.Engineering - If you are an Engineering Student
- EngGar.Non-Engineering - If you are NOT an Engineering Student
- Your account will remain inactive until your registration is confirmed by the garage manager.
Student Group / Club Registration
If you are creating a new Student Group - review the terms and conditions for creating a new group, and click Create New Group, and follow the next step.
4. Create New Group (Path 2b.)
- Complete the Group registration information. This will be used for billing purposes. Pay special attention to the Will You Pay By Indent selection. This should only be Yes if you are working in the University of Alberta financial ecosystem.
- Complete the New Project form.
- Before you can use your new project, it will have to be activated by the Elko Garage. This is to ensure that you've selected the correct Project Type.
There is no content with the specified labels